Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chi-Town Muzak

CreComm has finally come to an end. It's kind of a weird feeling. After months and months of pulling out may hair from stressing out, it kind of feels like CreComm went out with a little bit of a whimper. I kind of mentally checked out a little earlier than I probably should of.

But first year is behind me now, so it's time to get ready for the CreComm Ad and PR majors trip to Chicago. The Windy City's always been on my list of American cities to visit. The history and style of the city has always appealed to me. It's considered America's Second City for a reason.

On the Chicago tip, my PR and Ad instructor extraordinaire, Kenton Larsen, has been blogging about different Chicago related topics for weeks now. His post about Chicago related songs inspired me to think about some of my favourite Chicago musicians. Chicago ranks right up there with New York and New Orleans as far as historical music hotbeds go. It's always been a blues and jazz mecca and has produced influencial rock, punk, and hip hop. Here are some of my favourite Chicago musicians.

Common



Screeching Weasel



Rise Against



Smashing Pumpkins



88 Fingers Louie



Kanye West

2 comments:

  1. You're going to have a great time there buddy... blogging about it to hype it up is a good way to prepare for the trip.

    Just make sure you eat well in Chi-town. Some of the best restaurants in North America, maybe even the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, so you got the muzak down, I know where to get the pies... http://emanthewingman.blogspot.com/2010/04/chicago-deep-dish-pizza.html

    Let me know if you want to be part of team deep dish... I'm super excited we're going to fill our bodies with greasy pizzas for four days! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete