Friday, September 3, 2010

Back Again

Life off the Couch is back after an extended hiatus. CreComm is back in session, so I've decided to resurrect this blog.

I had the opportunity to spend the summer travelling around Manitoba and blogging about it for the Winnipeg Free Press. I was able to see parts of the province that I had never gone to before, like Lynn Lake, Thompson, Manigotagan, and the Duck Mountains. Seeing the raw beauty that this province has to offer gave me a new perspective on what living in this province is all about and what it means to be a Manitoban.

This experience of writing a travel blog has been educational and I'm going to continue on with the travel theme of Life off the Couch. I'll be writing about Manitoba travel, to supplement the Free Press blog, while taking a look at places around the world that are interesting, exotic, or just plain weird. The world is huge and is open for exploration.

This blog is also part of the CreComm program at Red River College, so there will be a few posts mixed in that deal with public relations and editing in the media.

Stay tuned next week for snapshot of the history of Lockport, a town that just celebrated its 100th anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment