Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I got edited



As some of you may already be aware of, my luscious mustache recently graced the front cover of The Projector. The photo, a head shot cut off just above the nose, complemented the headline, "Movember: Recapping the month of the furry upper lip".

The interesting part of the cover photo is that the Projector staff decided to edit out part of my facial hair growth. Besides a mustache, I had also grown a "soul patch" or "flavour saver" underneath my bottom lip. This piece of facial hair had been edited out, with the help of Photoshop.

When asked about it, a representative of The Projector said that they had chosen to edit it out because they were afraid it might be mistaken for a goatee. I guess I can understand where they were coming from. I just found it interesting that my likeness had been edited.

1 comment:

  1. What should we think of this photo editing, in light of our discussion of edited photos in Time and National Geographic?

    ReplyDelete