Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Entering the Twitterverse

Today, I finally joined Twitter. This was something that I never imagined I would ever do, but yet here I am joining the Brave New World. You can check me out twitter.com/neilbabaluk if you're also connected in.

In our PR lab class our assignment was to sign up for Twitter. It seems that Twitter is an extremely valuable tool for the Public Relations trade. Basically it broadens the audience that is able to receive the message that you are conveying. The Web 2.0 strikes again. It seems to have completely changed the way that information is deseminated. Marshall McLuhan's "the medium is the message" has never been more relevant.

As much as I hate to admit, I had actually been meaning to get around to setting up a Twitter account for awhile. I've been writing feature articles for the Manitoba Junior Hockey League since the beginning of the semester. A former CreCommer, who also writes for the site, recommended that I use Twitter as a way to publicize my articles. I guess he's been doing it for some time now and his hits have increased exponentially due to this. So from now on, I'm going to use Twitter as a way to spread my articles among the masses.

It's a strange world, that's for sure. I've got Barak Obama, Shaq, Chad Ochocinco, among numerous others as people that I follow. I'm not sure if they have anything interesting to say, but I am now in the know, which is kind of cool.

So again...add me. I've got tons of interesting things to say. Really, I do. I'm not kidding.
twitter.com/neilbabaluk

No comments:

Post a Comment