Thursday, November 19, 2009

vbs.tv

Continuing on in the complete random direction that my blog has taken, I figure I'd put the spotlight on VBS TV, a great "web tv station" or whatever the proper term is.

VBS is Vice Magazine's web tv station and it provides a wide range of content, usually in documentary form. Topics range from travel, popular culture, music, skateboarding, to politics and environmental issues. Some of my favs are Epicly Later'd (skate show), Thumbs Up! (hitchhiking show), and the Vice Guide to Travel (travel docs).

I hadn't checked it out in awhile and had honestly forgotten about it, before I stumbled across a VBS clip about secret oil wells in Los Angeles.

It's not the most exciting clip in the world, but it led me back to the VBS page and I rediscovered some classic shows. Here are some things on the site that you should definitely check out:

Thumbs Up! 1st Episode
Two guys hitchhike across the U.S. from L.A. to Florida. They hop trains, scam rides, and basically do it by spending the least amount of cash they can.

Bulgarian Dirty Bombs
Journalists attempt to purchase dirty bombs through the Bulgarian black market.

The Gun Markets of Pakistan
A look into an illegal gun market along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

These are just a few of the many interesting videos on the site. Definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment