Friday, January 8, 2010

Section 1 Revisited

School is in session again. After a (too) short break, where I played a lot of hockey, drank a few cold ones, and caught up with friends and family I had been neglecting due to CreComm, it's business as usually again. Back to getting up at 6:30 every morning and walking from the bus stop across the frozen tundra that is the Exchange.

All frozen tundra issues aside, I'm extremely excited for what the term has in store. There's the all encompassing magazine project, promoting a "controversial" film, the Manitoba travel assignment, and numerous other things. Next week, I start an internship at The Beaver magazine, which I can't wait to get going at. My university background is in Canadian politics and history, so this should be right up my alley. Beyond that, I've got writing assignments for the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, Projector stories to write, and my job (got to pay the rent somehow). This term is getting busy and it's only the first week.

But hey, why not. The busier the better.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo your comment about being excited for this semester Mr. Babaluk. Seems like the assignments and projects are starting to become more focused so we are starting to actually use the skills we learned from first semester - neat!

    I can't wait for the travel assignment. i can't wait to see what Teulon has to offer three gents from the big W.

    ReplyDelete